On Bog Islands
Available: 15th of December – 15th of March
min. 4 participants*
max. 10 participants (8 at age 13+)
Min. age: 7
from Monday to Thursday
70€ / person at age 7-12
90€ / person at age 13+
from Friay to Sunday and official holydays in Estonia
80€ / person at age 7-12
100€ / person at age 13+
Catering (tea, sausages, cheese, tost) to order (10€/person at age 13+ and 5€/person at age 12 and less)
* If your group is smaller than the minimum required, ask for a personal offer by e-mail
What is included?
– tour guide service
– instruction of mushers
– camp fire on the half way
What the tour looks like?
A 45-minute car drive from Tartu brings you to Peipsiveere Nature Reserve, one of the wildest and least inhabited places in Estonia. This large and pristine wetland is beautiful also in winter time.
We invite you to a guided sleddog tour in forests and across many bog islands, full of signs of animal activity. Moose are numerous here, as well as many other symbolic mammals of Estonia.
The hike starts and ends at the Sled Dog Training Center. Be there ~15 min. before the start of the tour! Listen carefully to the instructor and immediately ask questions if something is unclear.
THE TOUR STARTS EXACTLY ON TIME!
Depends of the size of your group and age of participants you must consider the fact, that some of adults of your group have to become mushers who will drive the sled and dog team.
Group of 4 adults need 1 musher from your group.
Group of 5–6 adults need 2 mushers from your group
Group of 7–8 adults need 3 mushers from your group
We can discuss about details after your booking submission.
The tour will take you to the forest roads and bog islands. Halfway we have one longer stop, will light a camp fire and have a picnic with barbecue by the fire. Total tour time up to 3 hours.
Come and enjoy the wide open space of a natural landscape in a primeval manner – on a sled dog tour!
What clothing and footwear I must have?
Choose clothing and footwear appropriate for the weather. You must have warm winter clothing and winter boots where you can add double pair of wool socks. You have to stay warm during the 3 hours. When choosing clothing take a look to the weather report and also take into account the added wind chill when the vehicle is moving (8-10 km/h).
Important to know
- The tour only takes place if the snow conditions on the trail are sufficient. If it is not possible to go to the track due to a lack of snow or persistent plus degrees, we will let you know and cancel or postpone the already booked time by agreement.
- The tour will be cancelled if the wind speed exceeds 15 m/s or if a storm warning has been issued!
- The tour is 100% at your own risk
- Please follow the instructions you are given before the tour
- Please consider that the tour takes place in wilderness and no medical assistance will be available in case of acute illness
- No alcohol or drugs allowed!
- The organizer is not responsible for the loss of your stuff
- By participating in the tour, you give permission for photo and video recording
How to book?
Please read the booking conditions* and fill the booking form below if you agree.
* – booking fee is 20% of the total. Within 24 hours after submitting the booking you will recive an invoice to your e-mail address. You can pay only by bank transfer. After receiving the booking fee, we can confirm your booking. You can pay the rest of the fee before your tour at the meeting point in cash only!